Re: GVLB Tracker and Yaesu rotors

Hi Ron

> is it possible to interface the current lvb
> tracker with an az only version of a Yaesu rotor ?

Firstly, sorry for the delay in replying. I've been working in Sydney the
past week and coincidntally my ISP has changed their SMTP authentication
method making outgoing email difficult.

If the Yaesu interface will run off open collector CW/CCW control outputs
and the feedback is a voltage between 0 and 5V then the tracker will work
nicely in Az only. However please be aware that the firmware's not smart
enough to actually realise that an El rotor's not present, so it'll still
present El readings that you can safely ignore.

73, Howard G6LVB