cushcraft "416" PS-4 query

OK, I figured out that the antenna I was given/bought is an old CushCraft 432 circularly polarized antenna...? model 416 something... it also has the optional PS-4 polarity switcher on it.
What is this switcher,,, looks like a gray box , some type of connector? (8 pin?)? goes on the bottom,,,I dont have the connector/control line for the switcher.
If I hook it up and use it? without using the PS-4,,, will ? have RHC only?? LHC only? or will it work at all ,just not hooking up the PS-4 ??
Any one have one of these, can tell me about the RS-4 switch?
Bob
W0DXZ
DM33AZ