Re: FT-817 use on AO16

I have used mine and worked through AO-16. It was a little tough but
doable. As stated, AO-16's receiver is quite sensitive. I forget who it
was, but when I was running my FT-817 for the uplink, someone I had a
contact with was running a pair for both up and down link and was doing
rather well. So I'd say it is doable. The better the antenna, the better
you'll do as well and be able to use the FT-817. I normally use my
Kenwood pairs TS711/811 but wanted to try the FT-817 and was rather
surprised on my success.

Reid, W4UPD