Re: IC-W2A as sat rig?

I had one for several years and it worked very nicely as a J-FM satellite
rig.  I think you made a good choice!  Consider getting an Arrow antenna,
or something comparable.  Also, use a casette or voice recorder, as it's
hard to hold an antenna and a radio, and still write down callsigns.

If i recall correctly, the IC-W2A has an ordinary stereo mini-phone
jack, with the speaker on the tip and the microphone on the ring contacts.
But what you'll really need is a patch cord from the IC-W2A to the mike
input of your recorder, which might need attenuation.  Write to me if you
need any help with this.

I hope to talk to you soon on AO-27, AO-51, etc.  73's and good luck!