Re: Starting up

On Mar 28, 2008, at 4:55 PM, Alberto Mart wrote:
> I do belong a TS-2000k and i'd experience some traffic over
> satellite. I did attempt using my vertical but results did not make
> me happy (very limited, in time, footprint and fading). I was
> recommended to check Gulf Antenna but they have jsu drop satellite's
> solutions (in term of antennas).
>
>  I would buy a pair of 2 mts and 70 cms antenna and phasing them.
> Where could I find more infos ? i did "google" as well but did not
> find usefull infos (from my point of needs).
>
>  I do hope some "guru" here could forward me to the right antenna's
> manufacturer.

  Alberto - You can build the antennas in the following URL easily and
they represent a giant step up from vertical antennas:

< http://www.wa5vjb.com/references/Cheap%20Antennas-LEOs.pdf >

I have built several of these WA5VJB simple antennas. They are easy to
construct from commmon materials, work well, and are forgiving of
construction materials. Let me or the list know if you have any
questions or problems building the antennas. - Duffey
--
KK6MC
James Duffey