Re: QSL CARD EXCHANGE

Hello Wayne and the Group,

I believe that this message may have been sent before it was ready to be
sent.  My email server (JUNO) has a habit of sending things at a time
when it should not do so.  Therefore, I'll start over again and hope for
the best.

I am an avid "paper" QSL card collector.  In 2007 I sent nearly 2000
cards to the outgoing ARRL bureau.  It's much too soon to calculate the
results from last year but after 47+ years of sending cards I'd be quite
pleased with a 50% return.  Recently I contacted a fellow in Hungary with
a plee for some help in getting that entity confirmed via satellite.  I
thought I was in great luck because he told me that he personally, could
indeed, confirm one of my Hungarian QSOs.  That being HA5MRC on AO-40.
He did state that he had no HA5MRC paper QSLs and no way to get any.  I
got on the computer and made up and printed several paper HA5MRC cards
that met his approval.  I then sent those paper cards with an SAE and
$2.00.  That was late in 2007 but to date only a short reply telling me
to be patient!  This same fellow also gave me specific instructions about
how to get a card from HA2RD whom I'd QSOed via AO-10.  More wasted
effort and dollars down the drain.  My point???  Even when you follow
directions and make double sure that you've done everything RIGHT, your
efforts may go unrewarded!!  I think that I have a minimum of $10.00 to
$15.00 invested from my efforts to get an HA satellite confirmation.  It
would appear that I have to wait for P3E before I can find and work a
station in Hungary who is willing to send QSLs.............

My 2 cents worth on QSL card exchanging.

73  Frank, KØBLT