Re: Easy to make, low cost omni-directional antennae

Hi,

I don't have the test data but confirm the excellent receive performance of
the Lindenblad with the 70cm downlink satellites.
The first one I made was using the classic  4x folded dipole method as shown
in Satellite Experimenters Handbook by K2UBC.
Made a wooden jig so that all the folded dipoles were the same. Worked well,
but was tricky to build due to the phasing harness.

The second one was Tony AA2TX's design which he described as a Parasitic
Lindy. No phasing harness and much easier to build.
With a good pre amp (a kit from G0MRF) I could copy the 80mW cubesat beacons
at 1 degree elevation.

LO-19 beacon was very strong at low elevation with no pre amp and just a 2
meters of co-ax into an FT817.

73

John G7HIA