Re: Easy to make, low cost omni-directional antennae

With the receive-only preamp at $17 and the switching
preamp at $125, you could blow up six of the receive
onlies and still be ahead on cost.

I use a switching preamp because I use the same 70 cm
antenna to work VO-52, AO-7 and the local repeaters.
Would have been cheaper to use a receive-only preamp
with one antenna dedicated to the FM LEOs and put up a
seperate 70 cm transmit antenna for the other
purposes.  But probably the piece of mind is worth the
extra money.

73, Bill NZ5N

At 09:43 AM 3/28/2008, Jeff Mock wrote:

>I like having a switching preamp because I'm an
idiot.  I'm always
>moving stuff around, I'll get a crazy idea to work a
local 70cm repeater
>or whatever.  I would have certainly blown up a
receive-only preamp
>5-times over by now, even though I rarely use the
switching part.

For idiot proofing, the switching preamp is a good
idea. :)

73 de VK3JED
http://vkradio.com