Re: NO-44 Question

> How long does NO-44 need to be in sun
> before it begins to operate normally?

About 15 to 20 minutes, AND, all of that sun must fall on the +Z pannel.  Any other situation, and it is unuseable.  SO the only time it has a chance of getting that sun on that panel is above a latitude of about 40 degrees and in the winter and during a pass overhead about noon.

So dont expect much from NO-44 until next fall has been our experience.  Often you can hear it trying to get out a packet, but it dies on heach one.

Bob, WB4APR