Re: RFI-Free PC's

Kurt KU8L wrote:

Yes..its very strange to see this question here this AM since just last
nite I found out how bad my two CRT monitors are aon HF.  My dell laptop
seems fine.  Since I am about to begin building up some SDR hardware,
I'm looking for any solutions other than having to buy an LCD panel.

Wayne W9AE replies:

I doubt that you will be able to eliminate RFI without replacing the two
CRT monitors.  Fortunately, LCD monitors have become remarkably
inexpensive.  And with LCD monitors you will have a much sharper
display, more desk space, and less heat in your face (lower energy
consumption).

I sure don't miss my CRT computer monitor.  Now I no longer have to
change the monitor's resolution/refresh rate to shift the monitor's
harmonics off the frequency I'm listening to.  It's very difficult to
prevent harmonics radiating from a CRT monitor's horizontal sweep
circuit.  It's a 28,000 Volt triangle wave!

Wayne Estes W9AE
Oakland, Oregon, USA