Re: NO-44 Question

I just had an 88 degree pass here in FN13 and did not hear anything. Had my vertical on my radio, as it was a high pass, and did not hear a peep. Using the beacon every 2 minutes and no digipeat as well.

73, Jeff WB2SYK

Curt Nixon <cptcurt@flash.net> wrote: I've been trying ,unsucessfully, to get an APRS report thru NO-44.  I
can hear it faintly--well below the strength of ISS--even on high or
optimum passes--like 30 degrees.  (I'm using a vertical)

How long does NO-44 need to be in sun before it begins to operate normally?

Its probably my weak antenna set-up but its too cold out to play with
that end yet!

Thanks,

Curt
KU8L