Re: Icom IC2720H Full Duplex

On Thu, 20 Mar 2008 16:35:51 -0500, Kent K5KNT wrote:
> I was trying to work AO-27 this afternoon...I thought the
> IC2720H would operate in "Full Duplex",..transmit on one band while
> simultaneously receiving on the other. I had my left band set on
> the uplink of 145.850 and the right band set to the downlink of
> 436.795 (adjusting for doppler).  I was able to hear the downlink
> just fine. When I tried to transmit on the left band (set as the
> main band) the audio on the right band would mute. Thus, I was
> unable to hear if I was hitting the satellite. I have the sub-band
> mute feature set to off.

I've used my IC-2720 to crossband through ISS, transmitting on the
right band on 437.800 and receiving VHF on the left band on 145.800
without problem, but haven't tried the reverse like you are trying.
Have you tried swapping the bands to see if the problem continues?

73 Wayne N5WD
   R. Wayne Day    N5WD    n5wd@charter.net
   IRLP Node 3997 -> Lake Worth, Texas
   Fort Worth, Texas  USA