Re: presentation for hamfest

>>> The #1 point I make about AMSATS at hamfests are:
>>> 1) You dont need special antennas
>>> 2) You dont need elevation rotators
>>> 3) You dont need tracking software
>>> 4) Just operate from your mobile FM or APRS rig ...

>> I'm amused at your presumption that all hams have
>> a mobile ham radio and spend a great deal of time
>> in their car.

> I have worked many many sats over the years and the
> mobile hams are way in the minority. It really does
> not matter tho, does it.

Which is my point.  One of the reasons we don't hear many
mobiles is because of how we still promote AMSATS to the other
99% of ham radio operators as big antennas, big AZ/EL arrays,
fancy computer controllers and operating from our shack to be
able to have all that stuff.  Items #1,2,3,4 above are what we
overlook.

This is also why 99.9% of ham radio overlooks EmComm via our
satellites too..

Thanks
Bob, WB4APR