Re: Help with rotor control and GS-232B

The last I knew, Nova didn't control Doppler by itself only rotor control.

  Somebody correct me if I'm wrong about this.

  SatPC32 is the software to go with for both rotor and Doppler control.

  Somebody out there should have a 910 set up with SatPC32!

  SatPC32 is somewhat hard to get going and operate but runs really well once you get used to it.

  Look in your 910 manual and see if there is an display indicator that comes on when you establish communications between the radio and the PC. This might tell you if you are successful in communicating with the rig.

  If I can be any help please email. I'm using an FT-847, but I have a detailed setup procedure around here somewhere.

  Please let us know if you are having any success.

  Mike
  K9QHO
  AMSAT 33589

  Hi Scott,
I am using the GS-232B/G-5500 with SatPC32 (Yaesu_GS-232 rotor
selection)
and a Kenwood TS-2000X and it works very well. I haven't tried it with
Nova.
SatPC32 does have a radio selection for the 910H so I presume SatPC32
would
control both Doppler and your rotor just fine. You could download the
trial
version (http://www.dk1tb.de/satpcsetup_a.ZIP) and give it a try. If
you are
a member of AMSAT then it would only be $45 to register the
application.
SatPC32 is a little complex at first; however, if you spend some time
to get
comfortable with it, I am sure you will like it.

I hope you get everything working.

73 Jeff - K7WIN