Re: Predict 2.2.3 for Linux

On Mon, Mar 17, 2008 at 9:44 PM,  <w8iss@wideopenwest.com> wrote:
> Bruce,
>
>  Do you have Gnome Predict installed also? I have found the same problem after
>  installing Gpredict, but it will do it still even after uninstalling gpredict.
>
>  James W8ISS

I just checked my Ubuntu 7.10 and, no, I did not have the gpredict
package installed. In a private letter to KD2BD, I noted two other
things: first, if I uninstalled the package and built predict from
source  the result was a properly-functioning copy of predict;
secondly, the 'broken' copies could be fixed by putting a predict.tle
and predict.db file from a working copy in the ~/.predict directory.
It must be something about the routines that create those files for
the first time in ~/.predict; however, permissions are an obvious
problem because the predict.qth file makes it just fine.

73, Bruce
VE9QRP