Re: 220 MHz Radios and Region 2 Hams

At 01:07 AM 3/16/2008, Trevor wrote:

>Over 40 DXCC countries have an Amateur band at 70 MHz but that
>suffers from the
>same lack of commercial rigs as 220 in the states.
>
>I feel that unless an Amateur band is available globally it's just
>not going to
>be worth any manufacturer producing rigs for it. So it'll be up to Amateurs to
>design and build their own rigs for their "local" bands.
>
>73 Trevor M5AKA

Which was brought home for me when I recently bought the MFJ-269
Antenna Analyzer:  covers 1.8-170; 415-470 MHz which nicely skips the
222-MHz band.  Oh well it will be quite useful for the frequencies it
does cover.

73, Ed - KL7UW              BP40iq, 6m - 3cm
144-EME: FT-847, mgf-1801, 4x-xp20, 185w
http://www.kl7uw.com     AK VHF-Up Group
NA Rep. for DUBUS: dubususa@hotmail.com