Re: presentation for hamfest

> >On the otherhand, I can admire that many people do in
> >fact have another life besides ham radio...

In summary, when I was young and single, I remember fondly
spending every evening in the ham shack tinkering on all kinds
of projects and having the spirit of comradery(sp?) of listening
and chatting occassionally with other AMRAD tinkers in their
shacks at the same time via the AMRAD repeater.

Then marriage, wife and familly began, which changed ham time to
only what I can squeeze in while mobile.  This is my current
phase, and why I am so focused on improving the access to
Amateur Satellites, APRS and all kinds of other local happenings
while mobile.  You can see that emphasis in these two pages:

http://www.ew.usna.edu/~bruninga/localinfo.html

And

http://www.ew.usna.edu/~bruninga/MobileLEOtracking.html.

This phase of Ham radio seems to last about 25 years.  A
sizeable chunk of time.  Not sure what old-f@?t hamdom entials,
but I will still have my IC-2AT so I can show up as a volunteer
for the next service event.

Bob, WB4APR