Re: presentation for hamfest

I totally agree with Mark: that is the sort of thing that those of us just
starting into the amateur satellite can benefit greatly from knowing.

When I first started looking skyward shortly after getting my ham license (in
August last year), what I read on contacting the ISS had me thinking I needed
a 2m rig with 25-50W RF output and a circular polarized cross-beam yagi
antenna.  Imagine my surprise when a local ham I was talking with told me he
had worked the ISS using just a handheld!  I have since gotten my hands on 25W
rigs but still no yagi: time and money are in very short supply for me at the
moment, so I have not been able to attain to a simple yagi, let alone a
complex as specified on the ARISS web site.

Now all I need to do to start into the exciting world of amateur satellite is
to get co-ordinated with the birds that fly over my head!  Unfortunately,
spare time is scarce, so co-ordinating for a contact may take a while...

TTFN.,
Graeme
ZL2GDN