To: eu-amsat@yahoogroups.com
From: rw3xl@yandex.ru
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2008 10:53:32 +0000
Subject: [eu-amsat] Re: [amsat-bb]  ATTENTION !!! the AO-7 log 'CQ' chaps.

            Hello!

Copyright for programm, but not for QSO entries, John... :)

All data is imported and ready with a blank as a divider of fields in

my flash-drive.

--- In eu-amsat@yahoogroups.com, John Hackett <archie.hackett@...> wrote:

> Hi Ed,

>             Good idea !! ... yes it could ... but the problem is

getting hold of Emily (N1DID, ex: W0EEC) who wrote the program ... I

respect the copyright laws and can't change anything without her

permission.

> Have a good day Ed.

> 73 John.   <la2qaa@...>

> > Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2008 11:44:50 -0800

> > To: la2qaa@...

> > From: kl7uw@...

> > Subject: Re: [amsat-bb]  ATTENTION !!! the AO-7 log 'CQ' chaps.

> > john,

> > Frustrating, I'm sure.  I am wondering if the log entry program can

> > be modified to reject any input including the word "CQ"?  If those

> > sending in the CQ reports got repeaded blocks to their entries,

> > perhaps they would give up?  ...and save your sanity ;-)

> > my 2cents!

> > At 12:49 AM 3/15/2008, you wrote:

> > >CQ does *NOT* belong in the QSO pane of the AO-7 log. That pane is

> > >for 'actual' QSO's ... 'CQ' might be valid in the COMMENTS field

> > >though I doubt if anyone is interested that somebody called CQ.

> > >The following "instruction" is in fact on the same page as the log

> > >entry page but here seems to be difficulty with English speaking

> > >stations *NOT understanding the (quote) "If you need to change an

> > >entry you have made, click on the magnifying glass to review the

> > >record ,then click the update link (unquote).

> > >Presumably, after several requests on the bb's for a little more

> > >dilligence in filling out the log it's quite likely that it's being

> > >done deliberately, which is about on par with the VFO swisher

intelligence

> > >(or should one say, lack of).

> > >It has been suggested that these stations might not read the bb's ...

> > >point taken - but surely they have eyes? ... and can read their own

> > >entries? ... (as well as the sentence at the top of the page).

> > >There is *ALWAYS* an excuse for human error ... but the same error

> > >consistently ... well ... you know as well as everyone else ...

> > >As I mentioned previously, regarding 'statistics' - if they're not

> > >collated correctly, the results will be incorrect ... in that case,

> > >what is the point in filling out the log in the first place ??.

> > >Pardon me for trying to preserve a very useful resource.

> > >73 John.   <la2qaa@...>

> > *****************************************************

> > 73, Ed - KL7UW              BP40iq, 6m - 3cm

> > 144-EME: FT-847, mgf-1801, 4x-xp20, 185w

> > http://www.kl7uw.com     AK VHF-Up Group

> > NA Rep. for DUBUS: dubususa@...

> > *****************************************************

    __._,_.___