Re: Predict 2.2.3 for Linux

Your Predict is possibly dying for a lack of a TLE file. Point to one
with the -t command-line parameter. Ensure also that a qth file is
being created in ~/.predict and that you as user can read it with,
e.g. 'cat'. I believe predict is supposed to find a tle file in that
same directory, but I think I've had troubles with that option.

Finally, make sure that your tle file does not have any comments at
its top before the actual elements. For instance, the commonly used
nasa.tle files have a set of comments describing the tle format.
Predict dies on these.

I've ported predict to the Nokia N800 palmtop linux machine. On both
it and a recent Ubuntu build, it seems the ncurses formatting can
sometimes leave residual effects in the terminal. For instance, when
exiting from the condition that Kent describes, I end up with a
colored xterm that does not echo my typed commands.

I suppose if anyone wanted to spruce up the Predict source code I
would recommend allowing comments within tle files and fixing the
terminal on exit.

73, Bruce
VE9QRP