Re: presentation for hamfest

At 02:29 PM 3/15/2008, you wrote:
>Bob Bruninga wrote:
>
>The #1 point I make at hamfests are:
>1) You dont need special antennas
>2) You dont need elevation rotators
>3) You dont need tracking software
>4) Just operate from your mobile FM or APRS rig anytime you are
>commuting or otherwise in the car.
>
>Wayne replies:
>
>I'm amused at your presumption that all hams have a mobile ham radio and
>   spend a great deal of time in their car.
>
>Wayne Estes W9AE
>Oakland, Oregon, USA, CN83ik

Yes, so am I Wayne!  If button pushing on a hand held was all there
is to amateur radio, I doubt it would have held my interest for 70 years!!

But maybe that is all some have the capability to do??  And there is
certainly nothing wrong with that, I suppose...

But I'd have an awful sore thumb by now!!!

            73, Dave, WB6LLO
                dguimon1@san.rr.com

                    Disagree: I learn....

               Pulling for P3E...