Lo-19 beacon

I was listening to the inspiring beacon from LO-19, "lusathihi", and noticed something on my screen in speclab: The carrier seems to continue faintly, after the transmission is over.  During the 20 second pause between telemetry frames, I can see the carrier continue but very faintly, all the way through to the start of the next frame.  I can only see this when the bird is right in my beam, as I can't adjust my elevation, and only have a small yagi/preamp, so that the transmissions are at least S-7, then the carrier is just visible on my display.
Can someone explain how this is possible?  Shouldn't the transmitter be off ehen it's not keyed?

Thanks,
Auke

Auke de Jong
VE6PWN