Re: Mir SSTV 10yr anniversary

I don't know if this of any interest to the site, but I made the first
satellite SSTV contact with Dick Richards on 3jul92.  I have the one
he sent to me, but cannot locate it.

The pics attached are of the qsl's from him,(front and back) and also
on my site:

http://home.san.rr.com/doguimont/uploads

as STS50SSTV1.JPG and STS50SSTV2.JPG

I have never seen what he received from me, and they are probably so
deep in the archives they will never be seen again!!

The equipment I used was long before computer digital stuff was available, a
ROBOT 1200, with all the mods, and I still have the equipment..

>ISS Amateur Radio Status: March 11, 2008
>By Miles Mann WF1F,
>Slow Scan TV from Space Station Mir, 10 years later.
>On December 12, 1998 the crew members of the Russian
>Space station Mir activated the Marex SSTV system.
>Over the next two years the system broadcasted over
>20,000 SSTV images back to earth via Amateur Radio.
>te the 10 year anniversary of the successful
>imaging project, the Marx team is planning on
>upgrading our web page system to accommodate the many
>images that were transmitted during the projects 2
>year run.  In 1998 we just did not have the resources
>in place to handle the hundreds of images coming in
>every day.  As a result only a small select on of the
>images were ever posted for public enjoyment.
>
>73 Miles WF1F MAREX-MG
>
>Until we meet again

            73, Dave, WB6LLO
                dguimon1@san.rr.com