Re: Fwd: Save Jodrell Bank

This is a really sad state of affairs.  I've been doing engineering work
for the Arecibo observatory for several years and it's taken a beating
on funding and seems to always be under a cloud of a partial shutdown.

These are both fantastic basic science facilities and it would be a
shame to lose either one.  Single antenna terrestrial radio astronomy
seems to be falling into funding cracks for on good reason other than it
lacks the glamor of a big space launch.  This facilities will continue
to be very important until something like the SKA can replace them.

jeff
AD6EO