Re: How ham radio satellites communicate

Hello Ryan --
Did you look on the AMSAT site -- "New to Satellites" section ==>
http://www.amsat.org/amsat-new/information/faqs/

The second link on that page is a nice presentation by Emily
Clarke   ==> http://www.amsat.org/amsat-new/information/faqs/Intro_sats.pdf

There is also a nice history of amateur satellites ==>
http://www.spacetoday.org/Satellites/Hamsats/HamsatsBasics.html

(this link and many others are in the Resource Guide ) ==>
http://www.amsat.org/amsat-new/information/faqs/resguide.pdf

have fun!

73,
Bruce