Re: FYI: More background noise?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Arthur Feller" <afeller@ieee.org>
To: <amsat-bb@amsat.org>
Sent: Friday, March 07, 2008 2:20 PM
Subject: [amsat-bb] FYI: More background noise?

> Wi-Fi Cloud Hovers over Salt Lake City
>
> See: http://spectrum.ieee.org/feb08/6025
>

> Life is short.  Be swift to love!  Make haste to be kind!
>          - Henri Frederic Amiel, philosopher and writer (1821-1881)

Hi Arthur,

I have seen the Wireless Geography in Salt Lake City ! !

The IEEE Spectrum shows that the minimum signal level of -51 dBm
downtown buildings is a very very strong signal not to mention the
maximum level of -15 dBm on top.

A single 1/2 wave dipole (Gain = 2.14 dBi) directly connected to a zero
bias Schottky diode HSMS 2851 at 2.45 GHz will detect about 0.3 mV
with - 51 dBm and 1000 mV with - 15 dBm

You don't need a receiver up there but a multimeter will do the job !

73" de

i8CVS Domenico