Re: OT?? Model Rocketry

On Wed, 5 Mar 2008 20:05:10 -0500, Ivan Galysh wrote:
   <snip>
> Now for doing an uplink to deploy parachutes, maybe as a backup.
> For safety reasons, he should use an altimeter....I would not rely
> on a comm link to deploy a parachute. I
> would do it as a back up in case the altimeter doesn't do its job.
 <snip>

Not to mention that it would be darned near impossible to be able to ascertain when apogee occurs with even a medium sized rocket at one mile high - and I know that I wouldn't want to deploy my mains after my rocket has had a thousand or more feet of altitude loss from apogee - instant shred!
   R. Wayne Day    N5WD    n5wd@charter.net
   IRLP Node 3997 -> Lake Worth, Texas
   Fort Worth, Texas  USA