Re: Current ARISS Status/Usage?

> I finally got my TNC hooked up, and was able to
> decode APRS packets. I wanted to try during a
> rather low ISS pass, see what I could get off
> of ISS, but got nothing. I tried both 145.825
> and 145.8, hearing neither voice nor data.

I captured many packets on some early passes this morning.  Just
leave that TNC and radio running and check the log daily and see
all the calls heard that day.  You can see all the packets on
http://www.ariss.net and as of right now (1830z on the 6th) the
most recent packet captured over Arizona is only 1 hour old, and
the entire list of the last 50 stations heard is only 13 hours
old, so it seems to be working.

Anyone with a whip antenna and not bad coax (or too long) should
hear ISS fine.

Bob, WB4aPR