From: amsat-bb-bounces@amsat.org [mailto:amsat-bb-bounces@amsat.org] On
Behalf Of Rick Mann
Sent: Thursday, March 06, 2008 11:56 AM
To: AMSAT-BB Org
Subject: [amsat-bb] Current ARISS Status/Usage?

I finally got my TNC hooked up, and was able to decode APRS packets. I
wanted to try during a rather low ISS pass, see what I could get off
of ISS, but got nothing. I tried both 145.825 and 145.8, hearing
neither voice nor data.

In fact, I've never heard anything on ISS (except for the one
scheduled contact I made with it :-D).

Is it currently operational for voice and/or packet?
How often is someone likely to be using it (what are my chances of
hearing something on any given pass)?

TIA,
--
Rick