Re: Current ARISS Status/Usage?

When the ISS digipeater is active, you should have no trouble hearing it
at all.  It went off during the last shuttle docking and I've not heard
it again since, but I don't check all the time.

It took me a few tries but I got APRS position reports and a few
digipeater QSO's completed using an old Kenwood TM-241 feeding a Jpole
at 8 ft with about 30' of RG58.

Important to be certain you have a good pass prediction.  I'm using
Orbitron and using UISS for the comm software.

While licensed since 1963, I am a total newbie to sat comm--so if I can
do it with this stuff, pretty much anyone can.

Cheers
Curt  KU8L
Livonia, MI