Scottsdale AZ hamfest demo, Saturday morning (8 March)

Hi!

I will be part of the AMSAT table at the Scottsdale Amateur Radio
Club's "Springfest" hamfest at Scottsdale Community College in
Arizona this Saturday, 8 March 2008.  The hamfest will be in the
east parking lots of the college, located just east of the AZ-101
freeway on Chaparral Road (exit 46) in grid DM43bm:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=33.5108+n+111.8806+w&ie=UTF8&ll=33.509339,-112.039948&spn=0.905719,1.391144&t=h&z=10&iwloc=addr

The hamfest opens at 0600 local (1300 UTC), and will go until around
midday or whenever the crowds leave.

As part of the AMSAT table, I am planning for 3 demonstrations via
AO-51's normal 145.920/435.300 MHz FM voice repeater during the
morning using my call WD9EWK:

1342-1352 UTC (low, 8-degree pass to the east of the hamfest)
1519-1533 UTC (virtually overhead, 72-degree pass to the west)
1700-1708 UTC (very low, 5-degree pass to the west)

Despite the low elevation on the 1700-1708 UTC pass, AO-51's
increased power output should make it workable for a couple of
minutes.  If anyone in Hawaii happens to be awake at 7am Hawaii
time Saturday morning, please give a call on that pass.

73!

Patrick WD9EWK/VA7EWK
http://www.wd9ewk.net/