To: eu-amsat@yahoogroups.com
From: rw3xl@yandex.ru
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 17:30:27 +0000
Subject: [eu-amsat] Re: Good ideas for the AO-7 log.

            John, copyright about what??

Records which were made by me, they mine? And records which has made

LA2QAA, they whose? :) I think, that with copyright problems cannot be

basically.

I'm try to import log data from ao7 site and for a less then hour have

2006-2008 years in CSV-format.

It is not complex. But I had a second question. It is necessary for

whom else, except for LA2QAA and RW3XL :)

--- In eu-amsat@yahoogroups.com, John Hackett <archie.hackett@...> wrote:

> Igor,

>         A good idea but I'm not sure about eventual copyright issues.

> I am the 'official' administrator of the AO-7 Resource Page Log but

the problem is - I cannot do anything without N1DID's -

> (ex: W0EEC) - permission since she (exclusively) holds the original

copyright.

> The whole problem stems from the fact that N1DID "disappeared" into

SECOND LIFE and doesn't answer her mail.

> My editing privilages which were normally renewed every 1st January

with a cookie - have been suspended due to the lack of contact with

N1DID so there's nothing I can do to edit the mistakes like I used to.

> [...]

> can find a hosting.

> --- In eu-amsat@yahoogroups.com, John Hackett <archie.hackett@>

> wrote:

> > Alan,

> >         A timely and intelligent mail - nice! one.

> > I played at super dooper pooper scooper - (log cop) - for a couple

> of years but it was as you correctly percieved taking up too much of

> my time.

> > I wused to be Emily's page administrator but since she disappeared

> into the burrow of 2nd Life and despite "millions" of 'carrots' -

> (read: e-mails) - I've lost contact with her.

> > I do wish she'd pop her head out with a quick - "What's up Doc?".

> > I'm now involved in other aspects of the Grand Old Lady ... AO-7,

> not N1DID.

> > 73 John.   <la2qaa@>

> > > From: ve4yz@

> > > To: la2qaa@; sv1bsx@

> > > CC: amsat-bb@; eu-amsat@yahoogroups.com

> > > Subject: RE: [amsat-bb]  More AO-7 log.

> > > Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 09:01:17 -0600

> > > Regrettably, there seems to be only a few ways of "Ham -

> Proofing " the

> > > logging system.

> > > One would be to add some logic to the code for the form entry to

> prevent

> > > submitting unless at least one of the QSO entries are completed.

> This may

> > > require diving into the rabbit hole to rescue Emily from her

> Second Life and

> > > nicely asking her to tweak the code.  However, it would not

> prevent entrants

> > > from adding dummy info just to get a count.

> > > Another would be having a super user act as "log-cop" and zap bad

> entries.

> > > That may be perceived as badly as a "grammar cop" or "spelling

> cop" on this

> > > BB, and, who would want to waste that amount of time each day

> cleaning up

> > > other's messes. But it could be mitigated if a warning line was

> added to the

> > > top of the table.  "Invalid entries and empty QSOs will be

> deleted"

> > > Another that comes to mind would probably involve Emily and may

> actually be

> > > the easiest.  The entire database could be conditioned

> occasionally.  Again

> > > a super user could execute a single line SQL statement that

> purges all

> > > entries where the QSO is blank or includes text such as "CQ".

> DELETE FROM

> > > table_name WHERE column_name = some_value. I'm ignorant of the db

> used here

> > > but hesitantly *assume* in might me MySQL or something similar.

> > > The SQL statement could even be automated in a chron process and

> executed

> > > automatically each day.

> > > Or, folks could just use common sense and read the second

> sentence at the

> > > top of the log - "IF YOU HAVE A CONTACT TO REPORT...."   Oh, we

    __._,_.___

            Messages in this topic           (4)

            Reply           (via web post)

          Start a new topic