Success: AO-51 Heard This Morning!

I missed the pass last night that I was planning on listening for due to
family commitments.

At approximately 14:02 UTC (08:02 CST this morning) I heard traffic on
435.310 MHz! Hooray, hooray, hooray! <grin>

I was en route to work, so I wasn't able to write anything down and I don't
yet have a recording device. As soon as I reached the parking lot at work
the buildings blocked the signal.

At least now I know I'm not going crazy. I was about ready to give up, but
this has renewed my determination. I have downloaded quite a lot of the
resources that have been suggested and I'll read them as time permits.

Thanks to all who have been helpful and replied both on and off this board.
If I haven't responded personally I still appreciate all of the help and
suggestions.

73,

Kent, K5KNT

--