Re: More AO-7 log.

Alan,

>>Or, folks could just use common sense and read the
second sentence at the
top of the log - "IF YOU HAVE A CONTACT TO REPORT...."
  Oh, we already
tried that and it didn't work...

Are we talking about the log at
http://www.planetemily.com/ao7/logentry.php ?  I do
not see the "If you have a contact to report"
sentence.  On my screen, it says, "Use this form to
report contact with and information about AO-7. It
will be stored in our database and provided to the
control operators of AO-7. This information will not
be used for any other purpose other than to provide
information about AO-7."  The "information about" line
implies that more than just QSO info is welcome.

For the benefit of those not subscribed to this list,
I suggest adding the correct instructions directly on
the Log Entry page, something like "Do not enter CQ or
anything else in the QSOs box unless you have actually
completed a two-way QSO."

Or are you saying not to make an entry at all unless a
contact is completed?  I have been entering any time I
could hear my downlink, even if no one answered my CQ,
based on the "even if it was to yourself" statement on
the web page.

I had been entering CQ until I saw this thread, so
your posts were not totally in vain.

73, Bill NZ5N