Re: Dual Band (2m-70cm) Mobile Antenna Recommendations

I think the Arrow-II is a great satellite antenna for HT's. Even if you
move on to some other antenna, it's a good one to keep around.  I
recently took it on vacation with an Icom W32A and had a great time
sitting on the beach with it.

As far as getting started with the first couple of contacts, I agree
with Bill that you might be picking the wrong time or direction. I
suggest getting a second opinion on the next AO-51 pass, maybe use a
site like heavens-above.com to predict the next pass and make sure it
matches your local software. (heavens-above calls AO-51 AO-ECHO)

The transmit power of AO-51 seems to be increased on 70cm lately, it's
putting out a really strong signal you should receive easily once you
get things sorted out.  Make sure you tune +10kHz (435.310) at the
beginning of the pass, +0 kHz in the middle of the pass and -10kHz
(435.290) towards the end of the pass.