From: "John Hackett" <archie.hackett@hotmail.com>
To: <sv1bsx@yahoo.gr>
Cc: <amsat-bb@amsat.org>; "Eu-amsat@yahoogroups.com"
<eu-amsat@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Tuesday, March 04, 2008 3:17 AM
Subject: [amsat-bb] More AO-7 log.

> Mak,
>        Despite our repeated requests ... yesterday ...
>
> W7AIT 15:49
> W7AIT 15:50 ... (seperate QSO's)
> PY4AJ CQ
> VK4ZQ CQ
>
> Like I mentioned ... don't these people 'look' at what they write? ... or
note how those that fill in the log correctly do it? ... or even read the
Amsat mail?.

> What can one do?.
>
> Statistics are no use to man nor beast if they're incorrect - and over the
first 3 months of this year there are enough errors to ensure that the
statistics *ARE* wrong ... agreed, they're only small mistakes and agreed
that - "it's only a hobby" - but what is the point in filling in the log in
the first place if you're not going to do it correctly?.

> Having pointed out the errors once, twice and three times on both bulletin
boards in the last 14 days I assumed that ought to be enough - obviously it
wasn't ... so I don't know about you but I'm not going to bother anymore.

> Since the main "contenders" are English speaking one cannot blame the
language. The panes are clear enough and cannot be misconscrued. The hour
glass is self explanitory - you yourself have explained more than once how
to fix things if they do occasionally go amok - (data is "data") - I'm
referring to the - 'remember me' - checkbox issue.