To: eu-amsat@yahoogroups.com
CC: sv1bsx@yahoo.gr; amsat-bb@amsat.org
From: th.frey@vtxmail.ch
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 11:16:44 +0100
Subject: Re: [eu-amsat] More AO-7 log.

            John Hackett schrieb:

> Mak,

>        Despite our repeated requests ... yesterday ...

> W7AIT 15:49

> W7AIT 15:50 ... (seperate QSO's)

> PY4AJ CQ

> VK4ZQ CQ

> Like I mentioned ... don't these people 'look' at what they write? ...

> or note how those that fill in the log correctly do it? ... or even

> read the Amsat mail?.

> What can one do?.

John, you can bellow

!!! THIS IS NOT A DX-CLUSTER !!!

and again

!!! THIS IS NOT A DX-CLUSTER !!!

Hope this helps now ! If not, they are i...

> Statistics are no use to man nor beast if they're incorrect - and over

> the first 3 months of this year there are enough errors to ensure that

> the statistics *ARE* wrong ... agreed, they're only small mistakes and

> agreed that - "it's only a hobby" - but what is the point in filling

> in the log in the first place if you're not going to do it correctly?.

> Having pointed out the errors once, twice and three times on both

> bulletin boards in the last 14 days I assumed that ought to be enough

> - obviously it wasn't ... so I don't know about you but I'm not going

> to bother anymore.

> Since the main "contenders " are English speaking one cannot blame the

> language. The panes are clear enough and cannot be misconscrued. The

> hour glass is self explanitory - you yourself have explained more than

> once how to fix things if they do occasionally go amok - (data is

> "data") - I'm referring to the - 'remember me' - checkbox issue.

> It's a pity such a useful resource is allowed to become a mess.

> EOR ... (End of rant).

> 73 John.   <la2qaa@amsat.org>

Mit freundlichen Grüssen, Regards, 73

    Thomas Frey, HB9SKA

Thomas Frey, Holzgasse 2, CH-5242 Birr, Tel. + Fax: 056 444 93 41

                   http://home.datacomm.ch/th.frey/

    __._,_.___

            Messages in this topic           (2)

            Reply           (via web post)