Efficient Planning of the FT-847 Memory Registers

Hi

I am new at satellite communications.  I have the Yaesu FT-847 rig, the
G-5500 EL/AZ rotator and the EA4TX RCI-SE rotator controller interface and
NOVA tracking program.  I am using the MixW logging program.  My antennas
are mostly M2 for satellite communications, including the 436CP30 and 2MCP14
beams, and eggbeaters. The G-5500 EL/AZ has been arranged to also turn the
MQ-36SR HF six band beam in the same direction as the M2 beams. It works
great.

I am sure that there are several AMSAT members that have similar equipment
and especially using the FT-847 rig. The rig has 78 general purpose memory
channels and 12 satellite memory registers.  Am I correct in stating that
the rig's general purpose channels are not really good for satellite
purposes and that I am limited to the 12 satellite memory registers?
Scanning could be very helpful too.

I am looking for the best way to program satellite frequencies into the rig
for efficient and effective use of it's capabilities. If you have a listing
showing how you arranged the frequencies, I would appreciate your sharing
this information with me.  There must be some time saving involved in
preplanning the satellites into the rig.

Thank you.

Gary
N0EZH
Chesapeake VA USA