Global Satellite ground station system

> The Universities at Auburn, Iowa and Louisiana..
> need... a ground station in the southern hemisphere...

Contact AMRASE organization in Brazil.  They are building a an amateur satellite called CAMOES that may also support the APRS digiepating mission with either an uplink or a downlink on the 145.825 frequency.

The more satellites and the more ground stations we accumulate, the closer we get to full-time round-the-clock hand-held communicatinos from anywhere on the globe.  The beauty of having more ground stations is that they can operate with OMNI antennas and do not have any moving parts.  They can link everything heard into the APRS global internet system for connectivity to anyone on the planet in real time.

See our next satelite in this constellation:
http://www.ew.usna.edu/~bruninga/buoy.html

Bob, Wb4APR