Configuring LUSAT-19 like AO-16???

Good Afternoon, Everyone.

Last month, a question was posed about the possibility of reconfiguring
LUSAT/Oscar 19 in the "bent pipe" style that AO-16 is currently in.  As I am
writing this, both AO-16 and LU-19 are overhead...and both have stellar
signals.

Is there any news/update as to whether or not this can be accomplished??

Upon reading the Satellite Handbook, it appears as though 16, 17, 18, and 19
were pretty much similar.  If I am wrong, then I will stand as corrected,
but if 16 could be converted in such a fashion, what prevents 19?

Wishing for Spring!

John KB2HSH

--

John Marranca, Jr
PBX Technician/Shop Steward CWA Local 1122
BN Systems, Inc
Orchard Park, NY
(716)972-2006