Working GO-32 with pb/pg

I need a little help using pb/pg with GO-32 to upload/download files.
I'm a linux guy, I have a linux machine running ax.25 software, talking
to a TNC in KISS mode hooked up to my radio. Using the ax.25 utility
'listen -a' I can see GO-32 transmit packets when it passes overhead.

I can sort of flail a bit with "pb" and it transmit some packets to
GO-32 and even occasionally see GO-32 send back a packet with my
callsign, so I'm pretty sure that the radio and low level link are at
least sort-of working.

Can someone give me a little guidance about how to use pb/pg to download
a list of files, download a particular file, and upload a file.  My aim
is to upload a file, then download the file on a later pass, but I can't
seem to figure it out on my own.

thanks,
jeff AD6EO