Re: AO-51 Ops

On 26 Feb 2008 at 12:21, Clint Bradford wrote:

> .. the accepted term is "CQ" not "listening"...
>
> Accepted by whom?
>
> I have never heard that using a Morse Code code on a voice system was accepted by anyone of importance.
>
> I haven't seen any reason here yet  to change the presentation I've been giving for years now...described on the amateur radio pages at...
>
> http://www.k6lcs.com
>
> Clint Bradford

When you are alone on nightly pass you can use what you like but on crowded pass when you hear folks calling CQQQQQ VERYYYY SLOWYYYYY or
blowing in their mike sending carrier to locate their downlink it is advisable to use your head and logic when calling CQ. Just use
something short and phonetics are often useful but use the standard international phonetic code. About 65% of the call are not decoded
right the first time as many use all kind of funny phonetics eg: XXXOTM is XXX OLD TEXAS MAN instead of Oscar Tango Mike.

I don't know why this HF bad habit is still present on the satellites

Luc Leblanc VE2DWE
Skype VE2DWE
www.qsl.net/ve2dwe
WAC BASIC CW PHONE SATELLITE