Re: Radio amateur calling protocol

My .02 about why it was built.
The Powers That Be wanted something that could be
built relatively cheap, and take advantage of what
rides were available.
I'm not real happy with newcomers being introduced to
a flying repeater as "Satellite Operation" either, but
at least *something* got launched in a timely manner.
And like you, I'm pulling for another HEO linear bird!
73, Jim  KQ6EA