Re: A0-51 "easy sat"

Clint Bradford <clintbrad4d@earthlink.net> wrote:

      > Use of the word, "listening," may be taken literally - you
      > are on the air, LISTENING.

  Taken literally?  Awwww...come on Clint.  If I were just a listener
  on the bird, why in the heck would I need to announce it on the air.
  That just makes no sense whatsoever.

  LISTENING = Announcing that I'm here for anyone else who may
                      also be on the bird and would like to make a contact
                      with me.

  73, Gary  -K8KFJ-
  AMSAT #32574
  Sat VUCC #125

  > I just wanted to let you know that I called and called and called
> CQ on AO-51 this morning with no takers...

Uh, no you didn't.

You simply keyed up and announced you were listening.

How about trying to use the more preferred protocol of...

Callsign phonetically. grid square, op mode

Like...

Kilo-Six-Lima-Charlie-Sierra, Delta Mike 13, handheld

Use of the word, "listening," may be taken literally - you are on the
air, LISTENING.

I am assuming you were in the correct ops mode for the bird during
this pass...were you?

Clint Bradford, K6LCS
909-241-7666