Re: How to mount sat antenna on camera tripod?

> Scott, how big of an antenna?  Was the T nut at the
> balance point?  What's your plan B?

I just put together a 3-el 2m WA5VJB to go with an 8-el on 70cm, then bolted
the two together end to end in the same plane. I put the T nut a little bit
off the balance point (silly mistake). But even if balanced, just the aiming
of the antenna would surely have pulled the nut out. Maybe my old scrap 1x1
is too soft.

Plan B was suggested by Steve VA3SAX, but I'd still like to find a more
rugged alternative.

So far I've sunk less than $10 into the two antennas and would love to keep
it below that mark.

73, Scott N1AIA