IC-910 TNC connections

What's the best way to hook an IC-910 to a TNC for digital modes?

For awhile now I've been listening to the packets from GO-32 and I would
now like to start sending some packets.  Up until now, I've used the
miniDin-6 for the main band and taking the 9600-baud audio line to the
TNC with good results.  In order to transmit I think that I need to
build a spit cable, Rx audio to the sub band and Tx audio to main band
miniDin connector?

This all seems to get too complicated when I need to build yet another
cable for Tx/Rx on the same band, and even more cables for 1200-baud vs.
9600-baud audio connections.  Is there a good solution or do you wind up
having a bunch of different cables for various situations?

jeff
AD6EO