AO-51 S band - wonderful signals

Hi all,

really enjoyed copying ao-51 last night on 2.4 GHz, finally realizing
the S band TX was actually on. This time I used a helix with a modified
California Amplier MMDS converter followed by ye olde FRG 9600 IF
receiver.

After copying a plethora of European stations during a nice 66 degree
elevation pass I also turned my helix to the moon and the radio down
to pick up the Japanese Kaguya lunar orbiter that is now beaconing
at normal EIRP again.

Just great fun, all packed within 20 minutes or so ;-)

73's Michael, OH2AUE