Sat Shoot Question

I was wondering if this satellite is totally dead. And if its not could commands
be sent to the satellite to fire the steering rockets and burn up the fuel? I think
I read that its still transmitting a beacon signal and that could be used
to help any rocket shot at the satellite to help guide the rocket. I am just wondering
if this is nothing more than a big show to say the USA can shoot down satellites
like China did?

Mike

N6IMF