Re: Navy to shoot down satellite

On Thu, Feb 14, 2008 at 3:48 PM, Robert Bruninga <bruninga@usna.edu> wrote:
> NASA news conference is saying the Navy will try to shoot down
>  the soon to deorbit spy satellite.  Should be fun!
>
>  Bob, WB4APR

Bob:

Some media reports are comparing the US Navy shoot-down to the one
that China conducted recently, which resulted in a considerable
increase in space debris in LEO. I can only assume that this is
incorrect and that the US Navy will attempt this once the orbit has
decayed to the point that the debris will quickly deorbit. Do you have
any knowledge or thoughts you can share?

73, Bruce
VE9QRP