Re: FT-847 Serial Port Communications

On 10 Feb 2008 at 16:44, Gary Schuchardt wrote:

> I have a problem involving the 9 pin serial port on the back of my FT-847
> Yaesu transceiver.  When I try to use a null modem cable between the rig and
> my PC on either COM 1 or 2, the rig will not respond to compatible rig
> controller (CAT) nor a memory management program.  The COM ports have been
> tested as well as the use of two different PCs.  Neither null modem cable
> works. I have tried to use the Menu feature on the FT-847 to match baud rate
> between radio and PC COM port.  Has anyone had a problem like this with the
> Yaesu FT-847?  I would appreciate knowing.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Gary N0EZH

I have the first CAT version on my FT-847 this one cannot send any data back to the PC he can only be talk to by the PC. If i use Ham radio
deluxe i am unable to have the program connected to the FT-847 but FT-847 super control is able to connect without any problem!

I always keep the max baud rate at 57600 on the menu and this never seems to be a problem.

After couple of years my FT-847 start to behave anomaly i solved the problem with a master reset.

What program are you using to connect with your 847?

Luc Leblanc VE2DWE
Skype VE2DWE
www.qsl.net/ve2dwe
WAC BASIC CW PHONE SATELLITE